Sending Email Using the Gmail API And Javasaturday, november 05, 2022
Gmail offers a handy API integration if you want to send email from your applications. I’ve created a video that shows how to configure your Gmail account, how to create and use credentials, and how to programmatically send email in Java. Especially the part how to create your own credentials and how to get started can be a bit bumpy, so I hope this helps.
If you want to try it out yourself, you have to create your own client secret as shown in the video, and you can use this code to get started.
- Example Project on GitHub
- Gmail API Cloud Console
- Java Quickstart — Gmail API
- Sending Email — Gmail API
- Create Access Credentials — Gmail API
- Using OAuth 2.0 for Server to Server Applications — Gmail API
Found the post useful? Subscribe to my newsletter for more free content, tips and tricks on IT & Java: