Quarkus on OpenJ9 JVM & resource consumption (Video)thursday, april 02, 2020
Besides the native mode, Quarkus also runs well in JVM mode which comes with its own advantages. You can use an alternative JVM, such as OpenJ9 which gives you better resource consumption. In the following video I’ll show how easy it is to swap the JVM.
In the video, I’m using the Docker image
adoptopenjdk/openjdk14-openj9 in one of the latest tags
x86_64-alpine-jre-14_36.1_openj9-0.19.0 (JDK 14 on Alpine Linux).
- Example project
- Using the OpenJ9 JVM for Quarkus Applications — Niklas Heidloff
- AdoptOpenJDK OpenJ9 download
- AdoptOpenJDK OpenJ9 Docker Hub
- OpenJ9 — Performance comparison
- OpenJ9 — Class data sharing
Found the post useful? Subscribe to my newsletter for more free content, tips and tricks on IT & Java: