Video Course — Event Sourcing, Distributed Systems & CQRSthursday, february 02, 2017
I’m announcing a new free video course on the topic of event sourcing, distributed systems & CQRS.
The course is be published in several episodes. They are showing the concepts of both event sourcing and event-driven architectures, where the motivations and benefits of this approaches are and — of course — how to realize these concepts using Java technology.
Furthermore I showcase the concepts using a scalable, distributed “coffee-shop” example and Apache Kafka as event store.
So enjoy watching!
1. Shortcomings of CRUD
2. The eventually consistent real-world
3. Event Sourcing
4. Benefits of event sourced architectures
5. Introduction to event-driven architectures
6. Introduction to CQRS
7. How to build an Event Store
8. Scalable, event-driven coffee shop
9. Implementation in Java EE
10. Using Kafka with Java
11. Running the scalable coffee shop
The demo application is available on GitHub.